About Coleman Greig Lawyers
Coleman Greig Lawyers is a leading Western Sydney law firm located in Parramatta, Sydney Australia. They have been our client since 2010 and in that time their website and CMS have continually evolved and been extended with additional functionality to support the changing demands of their business.
Below is a list of the project milestones so far from the initial website design and development through to the latest redesign and responsive (mobile friendly) update, along with details of the high level requirements and solution provided by Point Blank Web Development Sydney.
Law Firm Website Design and Development
- Build a custom designed law firm marketing website containing information about legal practice areas, lawyer profiles, legal news, FAQs, contact details and other general information about the firm.
- Website content should be easily manageable by non technical users through a content management system (CMS).
- Website should be optimised for search engines such as Google.
- CMS and website should be flexible and extensible in order to incorporate any future changes and new functionality required by the business.
- We worked closely with Coleman Greig to create the best custom website designs for their website requirements and preferences. The designs were then converted into a working website powered by our purpose built law firm CMS to enable easy management of all of the content within the firm's website.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) was achieved through correct structure of HTML markup throughout the website and automatic interlinking of related legal content (enabled by our custom CMS) to ensure the best visibilty to Google and other search engines.
- Ultimate flexibility and "future proofing" of the website and CMS were achieved through building a custom solution from the ground up and using web development industry best practices throughout all parts of the application, from the code through to infrastructure setup and configuration.
Event Booking and Management System
- Add an events section to the website to enable visitors to purchase tickets to legal events hosted by Coleman Greig Lawyers.
- Extend the CMS to enable administrators to manage events in the system, run reports on ticket sales, reissue invoices and update event booking details.
- An end to end events booking system was added to the website according to the law firm's requirements, providing information about upcoming and past events to website visitors and enabling them to purchase tickets online by credit card. When a ticket is purchased a printable invoice is provided to the user in the browser and also sent by email.
- The CMS was extended to provide website administrators with information about event bookings, allow them to manage (add/edit/delete) events in the system, run reports and reissue invoices to customers.
Women in Business Networking Forum
The Women in Business Forum was established to provide support and networking opportunities to professional women and senior female executives throughout western Sydney.
- Add a new dedicated section to the website for the forum containing information about the forum as well as upcoming and past events related to Women in Business.
- Enable users to purchase tickets to Women in Business events. Link this functionality up with the events section in the CMS for reporting and other functionality.
- Enable users to purchase memberships to the forum through the website to gain access to exclusive deals, discounts and "members only" events.
- A new section was added to the website dedicated to the Women in Business Networking Forum, providing visitors with information about the forum and relevant events hosted by the law firm.
- The Women in Business section was integrated with the existing event booking system to enable purchasing of tickets by credit card via the website.
- Functionality was added to the website to enable women to purchase memberships to the Women in Business Forum and a new section was added to the CMS for administrators to view and run reports on current membership information.
Migration of Wordpress Blogs
For a number of years Coleman Greig maintained multiple WordPress blogs separate to the law firm's website, they contained blog posts related to specific legal practice areas.
- Migrate three legal practice area blogs from WordPress to the law firm's website.
- Extend the CMS to enable adding and updating blog posts on the website.
- Setup automatic redirects from the WordPress blogs to the new blogs on the website.
- We created a new blogs section on the website for accessing each of the practice area blogs.
- All existing blog posts and associated images and tags were exported from WordPress and imported into the database of the website.
- 301 redirects were configured to preserve SEO rankings in Google and other search engines. Each WordPress blog post URL automatically redirects to the corresponding post on the website according to SEO best practices.
Website Redesign and Responsive (Mobile Friendly) Update
- Redesign the law firm's existing website to bring inline with the company's corporate rebranding.
- Make website responsive and mobile friendly.
- Ensure that the user experience on complex pages and forms is optimised and easy to use on mobile devices as well as desktop.
- Our designer worked closely with the law firm to create new designs for the website designs that are clean, modern and professional.
- The website was updated to be responsive and mobile friendly.
- Usability for complex forms and page controls was customised for different devices to provide an excellent user experience to both mobile and desktop users.